Cartes.dev official website
Portfolio website for Cartes.dev (this website).
This website showcases Next.js's Static Generation feature using Markdown files (MDX) as the data source.
The main technologies used are:
Run the project
The project is Open Source and can be found on Github
$ git clone https://github.com/alfonsocartes/cartes_dev.git $ cd cartes_dev $ npm install $ npm run dev
Technology Stack Used
- Next.js: Next.js is an open-source web development framework built on top of Node.js enabling React based web applications functionalities such as server-side rendering and generating static websites. React documentation mentions Next.js among "Recommended Toolchains" advising it to developers as a solution when "Building a server-rendered website with Node.js". Where traditional React apps can only render their content in the client-side browser, Next.js extends this functionality to include applications rendered on the server side.
- Next.js Static Site Generation: Next.js Static Site Generation (SSG) is a feature of Next.js that allows you to generate static websites from your Next.js application.
- Next.js Image Optimization: Next.js Image Optimization is a feature of Next.js that allows you to optimize images in your Next.js application.
- MDX: MDX is a framework for writing React components that can be used to render Markdown files.
- Tailwind CSS: Tailwind CSS is a utility-first CSS framework for quickly creating complex responsive layouts.
- Vercel: Vercel is a platform for deploying and hosting static websites.